Ms. Tice's 8th Grade Language Arts
Class Rules and Procedures
- Use appropriate language. This means no swearing, at yourself or at others.
- ·Respect others. Don’t hit other people, do not take their things, ask before borrowing, do not make fun of others, and just in general treat others as you would have them treat you.
- Help keep the room clean. If you see trash on the floor help us and the custodians by picking it up and putting it in a garbage can, don’t throw things on the floor, wipe your feet at the door as you come in.
- No food or drink. This goes along with keeping the room clean, food and drinks present too many opportunities for mess to allow during normal classes.
- Pay attention. We expect all students to participate in class. That means students will be expected to answer questions during class discussion, participate in group discussions, and complete their assignments to the best of their ability. It is the responsibility of the student to get the best education that the teacher can provide for them.
- During class raise your hand if you have a question or comment. If everyone is talking at once no one will be heard.
The first thing that students will do when they come into the classroom will be to read the board to see what our class will doing that day, check for makeup work if they were absent, sharpen pencils if needed, write the assignment for the day and the homework in their agenda, and start on the first activity of the day.
Make up work is the responsibility of the student. Students will not be reminded to check for any missing assignments. It is the student’s responsibility to find out what work they missed and to turn it in on time.
If a student is absent, they have the number of days that are allotted in the student handbook. The assignment will go into the gradebook as a zero until it is turned into the teacher and graded. If a student chooses not to turn in the work, they will get a zero.
If a student is tardy they must go directly to the tardy hall, they will not be allowed into class without a pass. It is the student’s responsibility to find out what work they missed and to turn it in on time.
Extra credit will not be routinely given, however there may be some extra credit opportunities throughout the school year based on extended learning activities outside the classroom.
Teauge Middle School’s Code of Conduct and Dress Code will be enforced.